Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Wushu

At first look at the word 'wushu', for Chinese people, it meant something. Martial arts. That's it. Think of wushu, you will get a rough idea of Jet Li aka Wong Fei Hong, fights, kung-fu, self-defence mechanisms, into the world of danger or even worse, gangsterism. Well, I didn't mean to bring offence but its true in the old days. Skip. Back here. I'm into this martial art since last year. Its been a year I've learned the art and nature of wushu. For our generation now, wushu in competition is for performing combination of moves, jumps, kicks and punches perfectly. The art relies mostly on the perfection of our combos in a go which cost much stamina and stability. Not to forget, flexibility of our body, mostly focus on hips and legs, where our moves can be executed perfectly. Although I find it difficult for the first time but with interest to learn and motivation driving, I kept it on as on of my healthy lifestyle physically. I didn't take tai-chi...well. Also, I've learned some self-defence moves in advance some vulnerable part of the body. Which is dangerous and also lethal if my move were executed correctly. Well, I didn't intend to knock my rivals or enemies though...just for my good, weapon, defensive style. Up till now, I've learned a few kinds of punches [bare hands style] and took up 1 kind of weapon, spear. which is long and hard to coordinate, at first. For now I'm on the basics of spear. Not into moves yet. There are many kinds of weapons practiced by my friends, such as, broad sword[tao], sword[jian], spear[qiang], staff[gun], dagger[pi-shou] and many more.

No comments: